*Click images for a larger view*
The Streets and Sanitation Department of the City of Winfield performs a variety of vital services to our citizens. Their responsibilities are varied, and they do their best to see that Winfiield is a clean and pleasant place to live. Among the services provided by the Streets and Sanitation Department are:
- Collection of approximately 10 tons of refuse per day from 1,800 households and 96 commercial dumpster accounts and transfer to transfer station or landfill.
- Maintain surface of all city streets and roadways.
- Maintain litter control on right of way for all city streets and roadways.
- Perform all grass trimming, mowing and heavy brush mowing with rotary cutter equipment.
- Maintain city sidewalks, welcome signs, City Hall grounds and landscaping.
- Maintain traffic signals and all city street signs.
- Maintain all service equipment used for the upkeep of streets and city property.
- Keep fuel log for fuel consumption by all departments and maintain underground fuel tank.
- Perform minor maintenance for all municipal buildings.
- Offer heavy brush removal and disposal for Winfield residents.
- Install culverts for city streets and driveways located on right of way.
- On call for any type of storm damage which requires clearing city streets of debris, including flooding situations.
- Maintain decorative lighting posts and globes; change out decorative flags seasonally.
- Assist Main Street Program and Winfield Pastime Theater with various services for their respective activities.
- Assist with traffic control, trash collection, barricades, etc. during annual Mule Day Festival.
- Install and remove the Cityís annual Christmas lighting.
- Offer hand pickup for cardboard recycling program and maintain cardboard baler.
- Assist with burial plot location in the Winfield City Cemetery.