- City Council Meeting 1st & 3rd Tuesday @ 6:00 pm-Winfield City Hall (Except Holidays)
- Traffic Court 1st & 3rd Monday@ 3:00 pm-Winfield City Hall (Except Holidays)
- Businesses can renew business licenses online. Click here to renew your license.
Winfield AL - Official Website
Local libraries celebrate Library Card Sign-up Month with New Innovative Services: E-Books!
The Northwest Regional Library System (NWRL), Winfield, AL Headquarters, is proud to offer free eBook service to its member libraries (see below for a list of libraries in the system). NWRL joined the Alabama’s Digital Library through Camellia Net and Overdrive Media Console. This partnership will allow libraries in Franklin, Lamar, and Marion Counties to provide eBook services to their patrons free by simply having a valid library card. Your local librarian will be glad to register your account and provide downloading instructions for your specific device or e-reader. Its only takes minutes and you will have access to over 1 million titles.
Changes Coming for Trash Collection in Winfield City Limits
With the purchase of a new garbage truck, which should arrive any day now, the City of Winfield is making some major changes in the way they handle trash collection for residents in the city limits.
If you live in the city limits of Winfield and are serviced by the City of Winfield for trash collection, you will be issued a new 96-gallon, wheeled trash collection can. The new trash cans are being distributed by the City and residents can begin picking up their cans now at the street department office in downtown Winfield.
Rob Bolton, the head of Winfield's Streets and Sanitation Department outlined the procedures for the new trash collection system adopted by the City. Below are the main points of the new system:
- Each resident will be issued one trash container, which will be included in the regular monthly residential garbage fee if $14. Up to two additional cans may be added for a fee of $7 per month for each additional can. Residents will be limited to no more than three cans.
- All residents who have trash picked up by the City if Winfield will be required to use the cans provided by the city and no other types of receptacles will be serviced by the City.
- Each can will be numbered and assigned to the resident.
- Residents must place cans at the street and facing in the proper direction for the automated truck to access the can.
- All trash must be inside the can. No additional bags of trash or other items will be picked up.
- No hazardous material such as battery acid, building materials, bricks, rocks, wood or scrap metal should be placed in the cans.
- Cans should be placed on the street by 7:00 a.m. on collection day and should be removed from the street no later than 7:00 a.m. the following morning.
"We want to provide efficient trash collection service to our residents and this new garbage truck and can system will allow us to have one man handle the collection instead of requiring three men under our current system," said Bolton.
Page 1 of 3
Continuing a Tradition of Excellence
Winfield City Schools
2014 Mule Day Forms
The following forms are available for download for Mule Day 2014. Additional forms will be added as they become available.
Mule Day 2014 is set for September 26 & 27, 2014.
Note: These two forms are for Food Vendors and Flea Market Vendors ONLY. Arts & Crafts forms will be added as soon as they are available.
88°F, Windchill: 88°F
Wind: 5 mph NW
Visibility: 0 mi
pressure: 29.99 in rising
Sunrise: 6:31 am
Sunset: 6:53 pm
Hi: 87°F, Low: 63°F
Hi: 85°F, Low: 61°F
Hi: 84°F, Low: 61°F
Hi: 88°F, Low: 63°F
Hi: 89°F, Low: 63°F
City Council Agendas
Click here to see City Council agendas.
Winfield is open for business!
Thinking about relocating your business or industry?
Comments or questions about this website - Email Webmaster